The NRH Foundation is focused on raising funds towards specialist projects, equipment and research that will help make a difference to the lives of our patients, both adults & children, at the NRH, now and into the future.
Just some of the projects that have been previously funded or part-funded by the NRH Foundation include:
2015 – 2017:
- Replacement PC’s for the patient dayroom.
- A Wheelchair Accessible Roundabout for the Children’s Playground.
- A Glider Machine for the Physiotherapy Department.
- New Wheelchair Accessible Garden Shed.
- New Wheelchair & Seating Clinic.
- Dynavision Machine.
- 8 New Sports Wheelchairs.
- Replacement PC mount of 32” monitor at the Information Kiosk in the main Hospital.
- Cobble-lock path around the allotment area in the therapeutic OT Garden.
- 4 specialised therapy tables for the OT Department.
- Polar Heart Rate Monitoring system & iPad Air for the Physiotherapy Sports Dept.
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tablets & 3 Cases.
- New Hoist for Outpatients Department.
- Two new blood pressure monitors for St Camillus Ward & The Urology Department.
- A specialised Shower Trolley for St Brigid’s Ward.
- Enabled the Facilitation of a specialist cross-programmatic persistent pain education workshop on site to NRH staff.
- Enabled the facilitation of in-house staff specialist training to Nursing and the HCA Teams in the NRH.
- Enabled development of a resource pack for staff working in the Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Programme and a resource pack about ABI rehabilitation for parents.
- New ECG Machine for the Outpatients Department.
- Enabled the creation of a short animation training video, which is based on the Guidelines for the Management of the Neurogenic Bowel Dysfunction in individuals with a Spinal Cord Injury.
Through the generous support received, we have been able to award grants across all areas of the Hospital, thereby facilitating and enabling the best care for our patients.
The NRH Foundation is extremely grateful to the many caring individuals, families, communities and companies who over the years have supported the NRH Foundation and in doing so, making a real and lasting difference in the lives of our patients.
The NRH Foundation appoints an external Auditor to audit/examine the accounts of the Foundation on an annual basis. The NRH Foundation audited accounts can be viewed through the CRO office or alternatively please contact the NRH Foundation fundraising office directly on 01 235 5280 to receive a copy of our annual accounts.